Below are the few methods which you can use to automatically backup your Outlook Data. Depending on what you can use try it :
Backup My Mail :
This tool can backup your PST file on any scheduled date and time to a location of your choice and then you can make it repeat the same every few days. There are three things good about it :
- You don’t have to tell this app the location of our PST file.
- In case your profile is password protected, it gives you option to provide it before running the backup and it will can take care of it.
- It can delete all the PST files which is backed up before if you want to save some space.
Relocate PST to Dropbox :
If you can use Dropbox, I will suggest you to move your PST file of your Outlook Profile to one of your DropBox Folders which you do not share with anybody. On top you can use the same file with any other computer which makes sure you have same data access when you go from Office to Home or Vice Versa.
To Relocate follow the steps below :
- Once Outlook is launched, First find out the location of the PST file of the profile you want to move to Dropbox. Go to File > Account Settings
- Select Data Files Tab and you should see all the PST file Location.
- Now make a list of the emails and their PST file.
- Close Outlook.
- Next Go to Dropbox, Create a Folder named as Outlook Data and Move All those PST files. Notice I said move, so make sure you do not have a copy left on that folder.
- Next Launch Outlook and it will prompt for missing PST files which you can browse and locate it.
- Thats it you are done. All your files are on Dropbox which automatically Syncs.
Personal Folders Backup Tool :
This is an official backup tool from Microsoft in form of an add-on and backs your PST file either when you start it or when the reminder to backup goes off. Either way it makes sure you have all the emails etc stored. Read more on How to use it | Download from here
Safe PST Backup :
This is another free tool which allows you to backup all your PST file. One thing that is nice about this application is that it can back up even when you are using Outlook but if you have a download in progress it waits for it complete.
When using Microsoft Office Outlook, all the emails, contacts etc are stored in .pst file which is like a database. If you have this PST files you can carry it to another computer and use it again without loosing your data but if this file goes corrupt or if you lose it because your computer crashed its a huge problem.
Microsoft has an official tool in place which backs up your PST file when you start it i.e. There is no option to automatically run it or schedule it. So today we will talk about another software which does the same job but does it automatically.
Safe PST is a free software which takes regular backup ( configurable ) of PST files so you can have your Personal Folders backed up every hour. It automatically detects the file and saves it to a location of your choice. The best part of this application is it can back up even when you are using Outlook but if you have a download in progress it waits for it complete.
If you have multiple accounts configure and there are certain accounts which do not require a backup, you can go to Options and uncheck the those accounts. They are listed with the same name which you have chosen while creating the account. It also tells you the location of your PST file.
Also in case your backup gets stuck for some reason, you can break it in between.
Download this tool from here