ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) July 05, 2012
Many consumers have faced the “lost luggage blues” during their travels. Whether its a honeymoon, spring break or family vacation, its never a fun experience. While consumers dont have control over what happens to their luggage after the check-in counter, they can take some simple measures to decrease the likelihood of it being lost. Below are some tips to help ensure that the consumer’s baggage makes it to their destination (or gets back to them in the event a misstep does happen):
1) Keep ID Tags Inside and Out. Consumers should make sure they have a tag attached to their bag with their name, address and contact information. Frequent travelers should invest in a durable, water-proof tag that wont tear off. Its also a best practice to keep a tag or piece of paper on the inside of their bag in case the outer tag falls off.
2) Keep a Copy of the Travel Itinerary in Bags. In the case that consumer’s baggage does go missing, keeping a copy in their bags will help the airline identify who and where the owner is.
3) Take a Photo of the Bags. Consumers should make sure they have a picture of their luggage on their phone or camera. Baggage can look similar these days, making it hard to tell apart from other traveler’s luggage. A picture will help the airline identify luggage and get it back to the owner safe and sound.
4) Make Them Stand Out. If consumers dont have a pink, yellow or lime green bag, they should consider a colorful strap or duct tape to help mark their stuff. On another note, buying expensive designer bags may increase the risk of luggage being stolen. Travelers should play it safe and use simple and quality luggage.
5) Get to the Airport On Time! Arriving to the airport late is already stressful enough, but wondering whether the baggage will make it to the plane by the time it takes off only makes it worse. Travelers should get to the airport early to ensure their things will make it to their destination.
6) Sometimes Its Just Lost: In some cases, baggage will not be found. To prevent the total loss of the financial value of its worth, consumers should consider travel protection prior to their trip. Protect Your Bubbles (http://www.protectyourbubble.com) travel protection plan provides reimbursement for lost, stolen or damaged baggage.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble (http://www.protectyourbubble.com) is a specialty insurance brand, offering convenient and affordable insurance for gadgets, pets and travel – all for todays modern consumer.
Travel – Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
Gadget – Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances,
televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Pet Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet fees for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, theres only a $ 100 annual deductible that only needs to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA) or visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA