A gaming blog can help you build your own community.
There are two kinds of gamers in this world- those who love to play video games in their spare time, and those who are passionate about digital games and take an active interest in the trends and upcoming technologies in the industry. If you belong to the latter category, then you can convert your passion into a viable source of income through a gaming blog.
A gaming blog can help you build your own community. You can share your ideas and opinions about different games and related products to establish and grow an audience that can help you become an influencer and earn money in different ways. However, if you don’t know how to set up a top-quality gaming blog, then you have come to the right place. The following are the steps that you need to take for that:
1. Pick Your Niche
Gaming is a niche, there is no doubt about it. However, it can have many sub-niches, and it’s recommended that you pick one for your blog. This is because gaming is a broad domain and there are hundreds of thousands of blogs on the subject which means that there is a lot of competition.
If you want your gaming blog to be successful, then you need to focus on a sub-genre. For instance, you can set up a blog on a particular gaming platform- Xbox, PlayStation, or PC. You can also focus on gaming genres– first-person shooter, RPG, action-adventure, etc. However, it’s important that the niche you pick is something that you are genuinely passionate about as you will have to write only on related topics on a regular basis for a long time.
2. Choose Your Winning Blog Name
There are all kinds of gaming blogs out there. So, if you want to stand out, then you should focus on creating a brand rather than just another blog. The most important thing that you need here is a unique name and logo.
For the blog name, try to keep it simple and catchy like Gamer’s Dungeon or GamingBuzz. Since you need to register the blog’s name as a domain like www.YourBlogName.com, you should keep that in mind when you pick the title.
3. Create a Unique Logo
Once you have found the winning name for your blog, you may move forward to think about your logo (that will, of course, be integrated into your blog and any other activity you’ll do online). This is a vital step in your branding journey.
Since getting a freelancer graphics designer may be quite a time consuming and expensive, you should be aware of the possibility to easily create a gaming logo, with online logo makers that are both affordable and offer tons of features.
4. Set Up the Blog
Once you have selected the name, you can set up the blog on the Internet. For that, you need a user-friendly CMS i.e. Content Management System like WordPress. WordPress is recommended because it’s one of the most popular CMSs in the world and offers tons of features including extensive support for utility plugins, attractive themes, community support, etc.
Apart from the CMS, you also have to pick a hosting service such as GoDaddy and Bluehost. There are many options in this too, so pick the platform wisely and make sure that you compare all the advantages and disadvantages of each platform to pick the right one.
5. Create Quality Content
It doesn’t matter how good your blog looks, you can’t expect it to be successful unless you populate it with high-quality content. You also need to ensure that new posts written and shared on a regular basis (ideally one per day, but 2-3 a week is also fine). The following are some of the things you need to keep in mind for writing for great content:
- Know Your Audience: The content that you write has to be tailored according to the audience. Remember, you are not exactly writing for yourself but others who are interested in video games. So, you want to keep in mind factors like age group, location, preferences, etc. of your target demographic when you get to work.
- Create Catchy Headlines: No web user would want to read your blog unless you grab their attention with interesting headlines. You have to be creative here and try to experiment with different ideas and concepts. Some examples of good titles include “10 Easter Eggs in Far Cry 5 That You Missed”, “7 Times Video Game Villains Were Actually Right”.
- Maintain Quality: Consistency is important if you wish to make your blog successful. Here, it means that you should ensure that there are no mistakes in the grammar and sentence structure of the content. You should also avoid adding fluff in the content and focus on only those points that are useful and informative.
- Use Images: Don’t write posts that are replete with lengthy paragraphs that are intimidating and uninviting. You should try to keep the paragraphs short and use bullet points wherever possible. You can also add images to enhance the visual appeal of your content. In fact, the more creative and original your images are, the better.
- Take Feedback Seriously: Pay close attention to what your readers say about your posts. If you will take in their feedback and make changes in your writing style and the topics you cover, you can improve your blog gradually.
6. Use SEO
If you want to drive organic traffic to your website, then you need to optimize your website according to popular search engines like Google Search. This is called search engine optimization, and the various techniques that you can use in this include putting select keywords in your content, making the website mobile-friendly, reducing website loading time, etc. Using an SSL certificate on your website is also one of the steps to making your blog rank higher on Google. So, there you have it- the ultimate guide to setting up a professional gaming blog. Don’t be intimidated by the number of points above. Launching a quality blog is actually pretty easy. If you are determined and willing to do the work it demands, then you can set up one of the best gaming blogs easily and become popular on the Internet. Good luck!